If you’re pregnant with twins the chances are you’ve had your fair share of negative reactions – and have probably had a few negative thoughts yourself.
Just how will you cope? What damage will a twin pregnancy do to your body? (Best not to think about this one). Will your relationship survive the stress of two crying babies at once? How can you deal with severe sleep deprivation?
And that’s just the thought-process of the first five minutes… as your pregnancy progresses you’ll have more worries and wonders but whatever the fear, I really want to promise twin mummies to be that things really won’t be as bad as all that.
Time to breathe out a BIG multiple sigh of relief.
Twins, eh? They’re not THAT bad.
Strangers would have you believe that the contents of your womb are gremlins or worse, two demanding, red faced devils that require constant attention and are hell bent on making your days and nights an endless blur of vomit, burping, feeding and changing… And ok, there are nights like that… but really, what you’ve got growing inside you are two babies. There’s nothing more to it than that.
You, mamma to be, have been blessed with the unique joy of being a twin mummy and I really can’t emphasise enough how wonderful it’s going to be.
Forget the fear, negate the negativity and bask in your own incredible amazingness at being able to grow TWO humans inside you at once.
There’s so much to look forward to with twins on the way.
Here’s just a few of my fave things about being a twin mum. I’d love to hear what you love about it too!
- One pregnancy for two babies. It’s a bigger bump, but your body is being extra efficient!
- One labour for two babies. Enough said.
- No pressure from friends and family to have the next baby any time soon.
- Your bubbas will be little friends for life. Cute with a capital Q!
- And can entertain each other allowing you to get on with stuff (hurrah!)
- You’ve got a ready made family, especially if it’s your first pregnancy.
- You only have to go through each stage once. Teething, tantrums, teenagers – ok it will be more intense but it’ll be over before you know it.
- You make so many new friends with other multiple mummies.
- You get double the love. Never underestimate this one. Double cuddles are the ULTIMATE JOY.
- Matching outfits. No brainer.
Share with a twin mum to be – it’s going to be the best adventure you’ve ever been on!